Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer
Many people suffer from severe injuries resulting from car crashes. You may experience pain and suffering in a car accident, and your insurance might not cover it. Car accident lawyers can help you recuperate from your emotional and physical losses.
What a Personal Injury Lawyer Does
Personal injury attorneys offer a variety of legal services for victims who have experienced physical and psychological injury because of another’s negligence. Personal injury lawyers may also specialize in automobile accident law. Some examples of this are:
- Car crashes
- Commercial truck accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist negligence
- Rideshare related incidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Insurance policies usually only want to cover minimal damages, but you deserve full compensation for your losses. Personal injury claims can be extremely complicated, which may require an experienced car accident attorney, especially when insurance companies refuse to settle your claim fairly.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Los Angeles for Car Crashes
With knowledge and expertise of California law, a car accident attorney can help guide you through this difficult and complex situation. They are proficient at:
- Conducting investigations and reviewing the facts of your case
- Negotiating with insurance companies and the defendant’s attorney
- Having knowledge of California law and courtroom procedure
- Advocating on your behalf with due diligence
Things to Consider When Pursuing Damages Suffered From an Accident Involving a Motorist
- The settlement doesn’t cover the extent of damages suffered
- The insurance company doesn’t want to settle the claim
- The person or persons responsible don’t accept fault
- The claims can be very complicated
What to Do When You Have Been In a Car Crash in California
The scene immediately following an auto accident can be very dangerous. The people involved may be disoriented and their vehicles may be in the middle of traffic. This type of circumstance can put everyone at risk and make a bad situation even worse. Some things you should not do after a car wreck include:
- Do not exit the vehicle until you are safe and do not leave the scene
- Assist with anyone injured
- Call 911 and wait for first responders
- Stay calm and do not accept responsibility
- Accept medical attention
Important Things to Remember Before Leaving a Motorist Accident
Following a crash don’t forget to collect the following information with the other driver involved in the incident:
- File an accident report with law enforcement
- Collect the other drivers name and driver’s license number
- Exchange addresses, phone numbers, and car insurance
- Get the make and model of the other parties vehicle
- Registration and plate number
- Don’t forget to take photos of both vehicles for evidence
This is the information you will provide to the insurance company when filing your claim. Other information you need to provide to your insurance company will be a copy of the police report of the incident.
Steps That Should Be Taken After an Accident Happens
You will want to know what your insurance policy covers before reporting the incident to your insurance company. Find out if your company covers towing and rental car coverage. You will also want to report the incident with the other party’s car insurance company as soon as possible.
What You Should Do Following a Truck Related Accident in California
Truck-related accidents are very dangerous. People who are involved in commercial truck-related accidents can be severely injured or killed. What to do at the scene of the truck accident:
- Make sure it is safe before exiting your vehicle
- Call 911 and help anyone who is hurt
- Collect the other party’s information, including identification and insurance
- Take photos of both vehicles
- Get medical attention
You must report the incident to:
- Law enforcement
- Both Insurance companies
Experiencing an accident involving a semi or other commercial truck will cause great emotional and physical pain. People who are involved in commercial truck accidents may be facing corporations who have lots of resources and time. Truck drivers must comply with strict rules and regulations that are covered under the California Department of Transportation. Because car accident claims with large commercial trucks can be so complex, it is important to seek consultation with a personal injury attorney who specializes in truck accidents.
California Uninsured Motorist Collisions
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist coverage (UM/UIM) covers a person who is involved in an accident with a motorist who is uninsured or underinsured. Uninsured motorist coverage policy: covers excess injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of wages. Having this coverage is optional, but must at least be offered in the state of California. With the possibility of only receiving a minimum settlement for your loss, it may be crucial to pursue the legal guidance of a personal injury attorney. Underinsured or uninsured coverage is a specialized area of personal injury law.
Claiming Injuries for Those Involved in Uber or Lyft Car Accidents
In California, Passengers involved in an accident with Uber or Lyft are covered under the ridesharing companys insurance policy. Uber and Lyft drivers must also carry their own insurance policy. Recovering compensation may be difficult to determine, depending on many factors, such as driver negligence. Laws governing rideshare are covered under California Assembly Bill No. 2293 Chapter 389. Having a personal injury attorney who specializes in Uber and Lyft ridesharing law may be imperative when pursuing a car accident claim.
Why You Should Hire a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
Main reasons why you should seek legal advice when you have been in an accident are:
- Knowledge of California laws and regulations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with courtroom procedure
- Compassion for your case
Consulting with a personal injury attorney may be very important in recovering compensation when you have been in an accident involving a negligent motorist. If you’ve been injured in an accident, call the personal injury attorneys at the YMPK Law Group of Los Angeles today.